As a child, Modi always wanted to become a sanyasi and was fascinated with sadhus, different forms of worship and meditation.
- As of April 2017, he has made 56 foreign trips in six continents, visiting 45 countries including the visits to USA to attend UN general assembly, to Asian countries, following his neighborhoods first and act east policies.
- Shinzo Abe, The Prime Minister of Japan follows only 17 people on Twitter, and Narendra Modi is one of them.
- After Obama’s exit from the White House, Narendra Modi became the most followed leader on social media. See for yourselves:
|29.3 million followers|
|7.2 million followers|
|40.9 million followers|
|Google+||3.2 million followers|
|2.06 million followers|
|Narendra Modi App||5 million+ downloads|
|Google+:||3.2 million followers|
|LinkedIn:||2.06 million followers|
|Narendra Modi App:||5 million+ downloads|
- In many interviews he has stated that he doesn’t sleep much. He only sleeps for 5 hours a day. Irrespective of the time when he hits the bed, he is always up by 5:30!
- During 13 years of his tenure as the C.M of Gujarat and 3 years as PM of India, he did not take a single holiday and kept his personal staff to as low as three, despite entitlement to a large entourage.
- He likes writing and has written many books. Books written by him are Jyotipunj, Abode of Love, Premtirth, Kelve te Kelavani, Sakshibhav, Samajik Samarasata.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has done a three month course in US on public relations and image management. This could be one reason behind his success in positioning himself as one of the most popular politician of the world.
- About 50 years ago, Modi used to stay in Jagat Prakash Nadda’s house in Shimla. Today, Nadda is the head of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.During his RSS days, a young Narendra Modi used to stay with the Nadda family in Shimla.
- PM Modi is married. His parents arranged his marriage when he was a child, at 13 he was engaged and by 18 he got married. They spent very little time together and were soon estranged because Modi decided to pursue an itinerant life.